Friday, June 19, 2009

What We've Been Up To

For those of you that have more than one child, AND you keep your blog updated, I applaud you. How in the world do you find the time? Our lives are so busy, but right now, it is 8:00 a.m. and the kiddos are still asleep so I am attempting to catch you up on what we've been doing lately.

Rylan is starting to build actual buildings. . . not just really tall towers. He and I were both so proud of this one!

Emalyn loves her big brother so much! And now that she can play and interact with him a little more he gives her some attention. Here he is reading her his BIG TRUCK BOOK.

"Miss Priss" (my nickname for her) had a little trouble gaining weight from 4-6 months, just like Rylan. But when we started her on solids she has quickly added almost two pounds in just 6 weeks. I am making her baby food...and she loves it! She gets so excited when we put her in her chair to eat.

And here she is sitting up and playing. She is rolling all over the place too. And trying to scoot. So I think those last few pounds of baby weight that I still need to lose might be disappearing very soon.

Mee Mee bought Rylan this scooter, so of course he needed a helmet. The elbow and knee pads came with it, so....why not. He is so proud!
We took some of the high school students from Graystone Church to the Gwinnett Braves game, so of course we took Rylan with us. He had a blast. As we headed to our seats, one of the employees handed Rylan a ball that had been knocked out of the park during batting practice. What a fun souvenier!

When I ask Rylan to give Emalyn something to play with, he thinks she needs all of her toys. Has anyone seen Emalyn!

My new favorite toy! We try to walk every morning before it gets too hot. The only problem I have with this stroller is that Emalyn is in perfect grabbing distance of everything that Rylan has. He just doesn't understand that she just wants to love on him. I did look down the other day, though, and he was holding her hand. What a sweet brother!

One of Rylan's favorite things to do is talk on the phone. It doesn't matter who I am talking to, a friend, my mom, the insurance company. He wants to know who it is. And then he proceeds to tell me that he would like to talk to them. So here is a recent shot I captured of him talking to his Aunt Val. She calls just to talk to him.



Our first trip to the pool this summer. Emalyn loved the water!

My batteries were dying so I didn't get a great picture of Rylan. As soon as we got there I put a life jacket on him and let him walk around in the kiddie pool. Not 10 seconds later, I was jumping in after him because he was stuck face first in the water. So we took the jacket off and tried the water wings and float. He did much better. I am just thankful that he's not like his mommy when it comes to having courage. I was afraid he may not want to get back in the water. Instead, I had a difficult time getting him out.

Well, it is now 8:30 and both are still asleep. I shall say goodbye for now, and I will probably write again in about...let's see...I am averaging 3 months I think.

3 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

I love that picture of Rylan all decked out in scooter attire :)

Erica said...

Yay! I love all these pictures! :) Emalyn in the pool is just too adorable! Can't wait for the next blog...lol

Reeder Family said...

Thanks for the update Erin! Such fun memories!! The kids are precious!!